Education Affiliations and Training
Continuing professional development is an essential element in ensuring that we have up-to-date skills and knowledge in order to perform our roles in a contemporary health care setting. Ongoing education is a career long process that enhances our personal and professional growth, improves our performance and keeps us relevant in an ever-changing environment.
Murray Valley Private Hospital is committed to ensuring continuing professional development opportunities are available to staff through creating, promoting and supporting education in the following ways:
- Clinical School Partnership with La Trobe University
- Traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities
- Ramsay Healthcare as a registered training organisation delivers in-house programs to a nationally recognised Certificate IV level.
- Hosts undergraduate and post graduate nursing and allied health students from tertiary institutions regionally
- Clinical and non-clinical competency programs are in place to support workplace practice
- Strong links have been established with local tertiary education providers such as Charles Sturt University, University of NSW, Wodonga Institute of TAFE and Riverina TAFE